Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Did It Again

The clock is ticking as time goes by
The wallpaper with fish on it becomes distracting
Everything is on my mind
I get annoyed, frustrated, angry, and then tired
I want sleep and rest, and then I’ll try this again
I go to leave but know I can’t
Without this done this consequence will be great
I write a few lines then stop and wait
I try again but still I wonder
Could this be better?
Could I try harder?
This letter is important, this letter has meaning
With every key I press my fate is decided
Procrastination is not my friend
It begs me to wait just one more day
I give in then regret fills me
With every second I wait my chances go down
I know I can do this
I know I have to try
How did I let it get here?
Why didn’t I try sooner, I wish I did
My contacts begin to blur and burn
My eye stings from the harsh fluorescent computer light
I’m three Mt. Dew’s in but I still feel no relief
This overwhelming exhaustion is starting to get to me
The word count feels too long the assignment to much
I type 5 more lines then drift off again
I wake up, it’s been 2 hours
How could I fall asleep?
I need to get this done
I type franticly my words become moosh
Nothing makes sense
I delete everything and start over again
I’ve learned a good lesson
I swear I’ll never do it again
I laugh out loud knowing I’ve just lied
Of course I’ll try this again
Continually I believe I’ll always be good at this
Lies, lies, lies
I try to deceive myself
Sometimes I succeed in the façade
I believe it’s all true
I tell myself it’s not obvious, it all looks the same
But I’ve learned over and over
Never, ever procrastinate

No comments:

Post a Comment