Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Let's Connect!

(Picture currently outdated due to recent blog changes made)

Today while roaming the web, I came across another inspiring blog about John Keats and his work.  The difference between the blog I found and other blogs about John Keats is the diversity in perspectives.  Other blogs have one perspective from a group of people, while this blog has different perspectives. 

This talented group of writers isn't afraid to disagree with each other, which is refreshingly real.  No one agrees with everything, so it would be fake and unrealistic to have a blog where everyone agrees with each other.  Another plus for me, the site was easy and pleasing to the eyes.  Not all blogs have a clean and simple layout, but this blog manages to have a clean cut look with a festive feel.  Everyone should take a look at The Life and Works of John Keats

A site filled with relatable articles that anyone could relate to, even if they are not studying romanticism or poetry.  My top pick for the most relatable article is "John Keats and Pop Culture."  Listening to the radio today, I realized all the points in that article were true.  What's the point of today's pop music?  Most popular music today is revolved around sex, money, and drugs.  Music with meaning does not exist anymore. 

I admit to loving most songs with no point just for the catchy beat, but music would be worth so much more with a deeper meaning added.  Reading a book is like reading someone's inner soul, music should be like listening to someone's inner thoughts.  I truly enjoyed "John Keats and Pop Culture," and give major props to Tina Ho for creating a work that made me think on a deeper level.  The bloggers behind the computer screens have a way with words and ideas that had me re-reading. 

Anyone can get something by just taking a look at this blog, even for just a moment.  At my first look, I was surprised by how festive it was with the holiday colors, sparkling white trees, and the falling snowflakes (my favorite part).  Obviously, the articles are the main reason to even visit a blog, and this blog doesn't fail at presenting relatable ideas to everyone.  Articles that relate to life, which makes it almost impossible for no one to relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment